During the holiday season and for those in the northern areas of the country staying positive is critical to make it through these times. If you are like me and covered in snow, low temperatures with more cloudy days than sunny days you may understand what I mean when I say staying positive is crucial.
There are ways to stay positive throughout these times to keep you lifted regardless of what you may be going through.
1. Change the music you listen to
2. Create boundaries- this can be setting a schedule for extra admin work from 9-5pm, getting off the phone, or dodging gossip
3. Journal- writing can be cathartic and healing, write more than you talk
4. Read- rather it's for entertainment or knowledge take more time out the day to read
5. Kill all distractions- T.V. and social media included this is a time to focus, no time for comparison.